Skip to content

We Need Your Help On HB 252

We Need Your Help On HB 252

Government News

A bill requiring a NEW B-1 Seal anytime a pre-owned home transfers title.

HB 252, introduced by Representative Myron Dossett on behalf of KMHI will be heard by the Licensing, Occupations, & Admin Regs (H) Committee on Wednesday, January 29th at 9:00am. I have included talking points for this bill that will explain what it will do.  We have several KMHI Board members who will be testifying on behalf of the bill. The members of the Licensing, Occupations, & Admin Regs (H) Committee are:
Republican                                           District             Counties in District
Adam Koenig (Chair) (R)  District 69 Boone (Part), Kenton (Part)
Matthew Koch (Vice Chair) (R) District 72 Bath, Bourbon, Fayette (Part), Nicholas
Kim Banta (R)     District 63 Boone (Part), Kenton (Part)
Thomas Huff (R) District 49 Bullitt (Part)
C. Ed Massey (R) District 66 Boone (Part)
Chad McCoy (R)  District 50 Nelson
Michael Meredith (R) District 19 Edmonson, Warren (Part)
Jerry T. Miller (R) District 36 Jefferson (Part), Oldham (Part)
Kimberly Poore Moser (R) District 64 Campbell (Part), Kenton (Part)
Phillip Pratt (R) District 62 Fayette (Part), Owen, Scott (Part)
Sal Santoro (R) District 60 Boone (Part)

Tom Burch (D) District 30 Jefferson (Part)
Al Gentry (D) District 46 Jefferson (Part)
Nima Kulkarni (D) District 40 Jefferson (Part)
Ruth Ann Palumbo (D) District 76 Fayette (Part)
John Sims Jr. (D) District 70 Bracken, Fleming, Mason, Robertson
Susan Westrom (D) District 79 Fayette (Part)
Buddy Wheatley (D)                             District 65         Kenton (Part)
How To Call:
While you’re talking to them, let them know how important HB 252 is to citizens and businesses in Kentucky.  If you have an example, give them an example of how you have seen homes with old B-Seals on them that were not habitable.

FAX  NUMBERS:  502-564-6543 (Annex): 502-223-5094 (Capitol)  
TO LEAVE MESSAGE AT THE CAPITOL:  800-372-7181 (Leave a very detailed message with your name and address.) These calls produce “green slips” which are very important in letting the Legislators know we care about this issue!

If you wish to email your representative, go to and click on “Who’s My Legislator?”  Once you type your address at the top of the page, it will find your district.  Click BESIDE the pointer and it will give you your legislators.  Then just click on the bio, then email address and send them the email with talking points.  You can also click on the name of your legislator above.

If you have any questions, please give us a call.  You can reach Betty on her cell at 502-330-5060 or Logan on his cell at 270-556-3183. This is their cell phone and they may be tied up talking to legislators.  If they don’t answer, leave me a message and they'll return the call. Thank you so much for your support.

Additional Info

Media Contact : Logan Hanes

Powered By GrowthZone
Scroll To Top